Flybus & City Sightseeing - Hop On Hop Off
This combo tour includes our ever-popular City Sightseeing - Hop On Hop Off and a flexible return Flybus airport transfer.
Take a bus tour with City Sightseeing and explore Reykjavík at your leisure, with the opportunity to hop on and off at conveniently located bus stops.
With the best of both worlds; a modern trendy and forward-looking city whilst at the same time being close to its unspoiled nature, Reykjavik truly is a magical place to behold.
You might be interested in attraction admission at stops like Perlan museum to see Wonders of Iceland exhibition, Northern Lights Planetarium show and then at Grandi district admissions to Whales of Iceland and FlyOver Iceland. Here you can find our brochure with a map of the stops.
Flybus Iceland - Airport Transfer Shuttle
The Flybus is a comfortable and easy way to get between downtown Reykjavik and Keflavik Airport. Sit back, relax and enjoy our on-board WiFi and the amazing views over the Reykjanes peninsula lava fields. The Flybus is an affordable, stress-free way to travel to and from Keflavik International Airport. Departures are in connection with all arriving passenger flights and the busses are located right outside the terminal. If you're wondering how to get to and from Keflavik Airport, the Flybus is the answer.
The Reykjavik City Sightseeing - Hop on Hop off stops:
1. Harpa: The concert hall and conference centre is the latest landmark in Reykjavík and houses both the Iceland Symphony Orchestra and the Icelandic Opera.
2. The Old Harbour: A colourful busy area with restaurants, shops and cafés. From here you can choose between different sailing tours.
3. Reykjavík Maritime Museum: Explore the world of the Icelandic fisheries and coastal culture. The former coast guard vessel Óðinn is also docked there.
4. Whales of Iceland: The biggest whale exhibition in the world! Life-sized models, an interactive installation and virtual reality experience. Fun for all ages.
5. National Museum of Iceland: The permanent exhibition Making of a Nation - Heritage and History in Iceland is a journey through time, from the settlement to the present day.
6. Lækjargata Hard Rock Café: Lækjargata - literally "stream street" - takes its name from the stream that once ran along the street. The famous Hard Rock Café is located in this street.
7. Laugavegur Shopping Street: Strolling down Laugavegur you will find all kinds of shops, restaurants, cafés and bars - something for everyone.
8. Kjarvalsstaðir Art Museum: It houses the works of one of Iceland´s most influential and recognized artists, Jóhannes Kjarval. You can also enjoy works from other leading Icelandic and foreign artists.
9. Hallgrímskirkja: The church spire is 73 m high, thus making this building the tallest one in Reykjavík city. The view from the tower is sublime.
10. BSÍ Bus Terminal: Home of Reykjavik Excursions and the Flybus. From here you can join one of the many adventurous day tours heading outside the city or simply take the Flybus to Keflavík International airport.
11. Perlan: A glass dome built on top of six hot water tanks. Inside you will find a restaurant, café and the amazing Wonders of Iceland exhibition. The 360° view from the observation deck is spectacular.
12. Kringlan Shopping Mall: Iceland´s first real shopping mall opened its doors in 1987 and includes today over 180 shops and restaurants along with a cinema and a public library. Next to the mall is the Reykjavík City Theatre.
13. Hilton Nordica Reykjavík: The hotel is formerly known as Hotel Esja, name derived from the dramatically dominating Mt. Esja which provides a stunning backdrop to the capital area.
14. Laugardalur Valley: Reykjavík´s housewives and housemaids washed laundry in geothermal hot springs here in Laugardalur until in the early 20th century. Today you will find a swimming pool, botanical garden and the Family Park and Zoo.
15. Skarfabakki Harbour: (Summer stop only) From here you can take a boat tour over to Viðey island, stroll along the coastline to downtown Reykjavík or come inside and rent a vehicle for the day at Enterprise rent-a-car.
16. Höfði House: Höfði is considered to be one of the most historically significant buildings in Reykjavík. It was the location for the 1986 summit meeting of president Ronald Reagan and the general secretary Mikhail Gorbachev, in order to end the Cold War.
Here is our brochure.
Please note that pick up and drop off is not available for this combo.
When booking you choose the date of the City Sightseeing - Hop On Hop Off tour. The Flybus tickets date and time are flexible but can be confirmed by contacting us.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 1 years|
What is included
- Ticket valid for 24 hours.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Audio guide commentary in 8 languages (German, Italian, Swedish, Icelandic, French, Spanish, English & Japanese).
- Return airport transfer
Daily departures every 45 minutes during winter (1st of Oct-14th of April) from Harpa Concert Hall at 09:30, 10:15, 11:00, 11:45, 12:30, 13:15, 14:00, 14:45, 15:30 & 16:15.
Daily departures every 30 minutes during summer (15th of May-30th of Sept) from Harpa Concert Hall at 08:30, 09:00, 09:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 12:00, 12:30, 13:00, 13:30, 14:00, 14:30, 15:00, 15:30, 16:00 & 16:30.
The full tour takes about 75-80 minutes to complete and departs from Harpa, Stop 1, every 30 minutes (15th of May-30th of Sept) and every 45 minutes (1st of Oct-14th of April) .
You can hop on and hop off at any stop of your choosing, enjoying some discounts of attraction admission along the way.
Kindly note that the bus is not running on:
• 17 June, The Icelandic Independence Day celebrations
• Reykjavík Pride parade either second or third Saturday in August
• Reykjavík Marathon and Reykjavík Cultural Night which is held annually the Saturday after 18 August, or on 18 August if it is a Saturday.
• 31st of December, New Year's Eve