NORTHERN LIGHTS AND STARGAZING (Guided in 10 languages)
Best price guarantee– Fulll price for this tour is 6.193isk we are offering 25% off now (already applied in your cart)
For many, seeing the Northern Lights is the reason to travel to our northern island in winter. They are mesmerizing, and a sight that will not be forgotten.
It is simple, nothing says “Icelandic Winter” like the idea of hunting for the Aurora Borealis. Created by solar storms originating from the sun, the Northern Lights need clear winter skies to be seen.
Step on board one of our new buses, equipped with WiFi connected computer tablets in each seat. On the tablets you can watch, listen and read expertly written and recorded material about the northern lights and the stars in the Arctic skies. Available with a choice of 10 languages. In each seat you will also find a USB Charger and your own star map.
Our expert operational team has decades of experience analyzing weather patterns. We will review, each and everyday, the cloud forecast and the northern lights forecast in detail. We will not venture out in search of them unless we think we have good chance. This means we have a high success ratio.
All our northern lights tours are guided by one of our specially trained northern lights guides, they are both knowledgeable and helpful and will even give you tips on how to take photos of the night sky and of aurora. We offer free use of camera tripods (a must to take northern lights photos), we only have a few so if you own a tripod be sure to bring it along.
Every guide brings along an astronomical telescope for you to try out. Look for the stars and astronomy signs in sky using the provided star map and see the space that surrounds in a new way.
To search for the Auroras you need to stand outside in the Icelandic winter and you need to dress very warmly. We are the only operator to offer extremely warm “Aurora Jackets” and warm and waterproof winter boots for rent on our tours.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Difficulty: Very easy|
What is included
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable Northern Lights guide
- Free Wi-fi and usb charger in every seat
- Free use of camera tripod (please note, we only have a few and many people come on the tours, if you own one please bring it)
- Free use of astronomical telescope, for moon and stargazing
- Complimentary star map
- Photo memory of you and the northern lights (when aurora can be seen)
- Instructions about how to set up your camera to capture northern lights and the night sky
For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended, especially since we will be outside at night.
- We are working with Iceland´s most talented Northern lights hunters to find the best places every night.
- It is never a guaranteed that we will see northern lights, however, we do our best to maximize our chances by picking the best locations.
- Since it is never guaranteed to see aurora, we will make sure you get the chance to see them. In the event of a unsuccessful hunt, we offer you the chance to re-book as many times as needed until you partake in a successful northern lights hunt. You can continue to do this within a 2 year period of going on the first hunt.