South Coast & Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
On this tour you will travel along Iceland's South coast on the narrow strip of lush farmland that cuts between mountains, glaciers, and the vast Atlantic Ocean. The route is lined with natural treasures including the iconic Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls, Skaftafell National Park, and Vatnajokull glacier to name but a few.
Passing the southern edge of the mighty Vatnajokull Glacier roughly midway between Reykjavik and Jokulsarlon glacier Lagoon, Skaftafell National Park offers magnificent views of glaciers, rivers and endless plains of sand. Skaftafell is a part of Vatnajokull Glacier National Park that stretches over an area of 14.000 square km, or roughly 10 times the size of London.
When you think nothing can beat the scenery, Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon opens up before your eyes and takes your breath away. Packed with icebergs in various shades of white and blue, the lagoon‘s extraordinary scenery is popular with travellers, photographers and filmmakers from all over the world.
Various bird species can be seen feeding in and around the lagoon and seals are a fairly common sight both at the mouth of the lagoon and at the seaside beach.
Boat tour on the Glacial Lagoon is an optional extra.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 1 years|
What is included
- Appropriate clothing
- Glacier Lagoon Boat Tour is an optional extra with this tour. You can select that option as you go through the booking process
- From October and through April, Boat tours on the lagoon are suspended due to high volumes of icebergs.
- Our tours are by default guided in English. More languages are available as follows:
- German: Tuesdays (1 March - 31 Oct)
- French: Saturdays (1 March - 31 Oct)
- Mandarin: Wednesdays (All year)